Happy Memorial Day and thank you again to everyone who came out to my birthday party this weekend! I had soo much fun! And for those of you who were raving about the meatballs (thank you), here is the recipe. I am glad that you all enjoyed them!
- 3 lbs lean ground beef (I used 93/7)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 large (28oz) can of chopped or diced tomatoes
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Handful of fresh basil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 small (15 oz) can of Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
- 2-15 oz cans of tomato sauce
- Sauté onions in 1 Tbsp of olive oil for 5-7 minutes
- Add the fresh garlic and cook for a couple more minutes
- Chop the mushrooms while this is cooking.
- Remove from heat
- Throw the onion & garlic mix into a mixing bowl, along with the mushrooms, eggs, worcestershire sauce, and almond flour.
- Turn the crockpot on high (I cooked these for about 6 hours on high and 2 on low)
- Add the large can of diced tomatoes to the crockpot.
- Dice the onion, crush the rest of the garlic, and throw them into the crockpot with the some of the seasonings. You will want to add more as you layer.
- To make the meatballs, add the lean ground beef to the mixing bowl.
- Gently start forming/rolling your meatballs. I made smaller ones since we were having a lot of people over.
- I started making meatball layers in the crockpot, so 1 layer of meatballs and then a layer of diced tomatoes or sauce to prevent them from sticking together.
- Add the rest of the seasoning as you go, too.
- Cook in crock pot on high about 6 hours, then turn to low until you are ready to serve.
Each serving is 4 meatballs or 2oz portions.
|Serving Size (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe 24
|Amount Per Serving|
Calories from Fat 45 (29%)
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 5 g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7 g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 70 g||23 %|
|Sodium 217 mg||9 %|
|Potassium 652 mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11 g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||8 %|
|Sugars 3 g||NA|
|Protein 15 g||30 %|
|Vitamin A||16 %|
|Vitamin C||37 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.|
Physical Activity update:
Wow, today was intense at the gym! We did the “Murph” workout for Memorial Day. It was a 1 mile run, 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups and 300 air squats followed by another 1 mile run! I finished in 52:14.
Happy Memorial Day everyone!