I can’t wait to try these! They look absolutely delicious! I will probably leave out the seaweed just because I have to be in the mood for that taste. Here is the description from the Meatless Monday website (link below).
These lettuce cups are packed with the cool flavors of traditional ceviche – lime, cilantro, garlic and hot peppers – but feature hearts of palm and tofu rather than raw fish. This recipe is part of Meatless Monday’s No-Cook Summer Recipe video series.
Serves 3-4, makes about 12 lettuce cups
- 1 (14 oz.) can hearts of palm, sliced into 1/2 – 1/4 inch rounds
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu, cubed (about 7 oz.)
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- About half a package of dried seaweed snacks
- Juice of 2 limes, or more to taste
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
Mix hearts of palm, tofu, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, serrano pepper and garlic in a medium bowl. Add finely crumbled seaweed snacks over top. Add the juice of two limes, or more depending on taste. Gently mix and season with salt to taste.
Allow the ceviche mixture to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Meanwhile, slice avocado and arrange lettuce leaves on a serving dish.
Remove the ceviche mixture from the refrigerator. Scoop a large spoonful of the mixture onto each lettuce leaf and top with additional cilantro before serving.
Click on the link below for the nutrition facts!
Who knew cauliflower tater tots could be so delicious? I made these for the 1st time a few months ago and am hooked. My husband and brother-in-law are fans, too! This is an accomplishment coming from a picky eater and a trained chef!
These are gluten free and healthier than regular tater tots. They are baked in the oven instead of fried and contain egg whites and almond flour to up the protein content. Cauliflower is a nutrient powerhouse, too. This recipe provides almost 100% of the daily value for vitamin C!!
Click this link to read more nutritional benefits of cauliflower.
Serving size: 6 tater tots
Recipe makes approximately 5 servings or 30 tater tots.
1 head of cauliflower
2 egg whites
1/4 cup almond meal/flour
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1-2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp chopped onion
Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 400F.
Finely chop cauliflower in food processor.
Add all ingredients together and mix well.
Form the mixture into tots and place them on a greased pan.
Bake on 400F for about 15 minutes on each side, depending on how crispy you like them.
Woohoo! FDA bans trans fats! Food manufacturers now have 3 years to remove partially hydrogenated oils from products. Remember trans fats are found in processed foods, so you can avoid them by eating whole foods.
I can’t believe my husband said that this recipe is his favorite vegetable recipe that I make! This is a huge success as he is not a fan of many vegetables and would not even touch cauliflower a couple of years ago. And since cauliflower is available all year round and is packed full of nutrients, I am happy to make this whenever he wants! Plus, it is ridiculously easy.
Here are a few nutritional tidbits on cauliflower:
- There is research that links cauliflower to cancer prevention
- Cauliflower contains phytochemicals called glucosinolates that help the body detox
- Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin C (meaning it contains 20% or more of the Daily Value of vitamin C per serving)
- Cauliflower is anti-inflammatory and is a good source of vitamin K (meaning it contains 10-19% of the Daily Value of vitamin K per serving)
- Cauliflower is high in fiber!
Recipe makes 8 1/2 cup servings
1 medium head cauliflower
1 tsp olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 Tbsp black pepper
1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Trim cauliflower into florets and pieces
- Place cauliflower in baking dish
- Mist cauliflower with olive oil (I use a Misto sprayer)
- Drizzle lemon juice and black pepper on top
- Roast cauliflower to desired tenderness (I like a little char on top). I usually leave it in the oven for about 25 minutes and toss it around halfway through.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.