I can’t believe my husband said that this recipe is his favorite vegetable recipe that I make! This is a huge success as he is not a fan of many vegetables and would not even touch cauliflower a couple of years ago. And since cauliflower is available all year round and is packed full of nutrients, I am happy to make this whenever he wants! Plus, it is ridiculously easy.
Here are a few nutritional tidbits on cauliflower:
- There is research that links cauliflower to cancer prevention
- Cauliflower contains phytochemicals called glucosinolates that help the body detox
- Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin C (meaning it contains 20% or more of the Daily Value of vitamin C per serving)
- Cauliflower is anti-inflammatory and is a good source of vitamin K (meaning it contains 10-19% of the Daily Value of vitamin K per serving)
- Cauliflower is high in fiber!
Recipe makes 8 1/2 cup servings
1 medium head cauliflower
1 tsp olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 Tbsp black pepper
1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Trim cauliflower into florets and pieces
- Place cauliflower in baking dish
- Mist cauliflower with olive oil (I use a Misto sprayer)
- Drizzle lemon juice and black pepper on top
- Roast cauliflower to desired tenderness (I like a little char on top). I usually leave it in the oven for about 25 minutes and toss it around halfway through.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.